Monday, September 29, 2008

Challenge Air

Rick Amber founded Challenge Air with the belief that, "every disabled person should see the world from a different view…out of their wheelchairs and crutches and from the sky." This belief of Amber's came from his life experiences. As a fighter pilot and training officer in the US Navy from 1967 to 1971, Amber lost the use of his legs when his jet crashed during a landing attempt on the aircraft carrier USS Hancock. (read more at challengeair.com)


It felt nice to do some charity work; the smiles were just priceless. The event was held at the Dallas Executive Airport, aka Redbird to us who fly often. I got wind of this organization from a golf tournament a few months back.


Shown is a kid who got to fly getting some kisses from a seeing eye dog in training. They just loved each other so much. It was adorable. On the right is the very first flight that took off. I have names, but seem to have displaced them for now. Sorry.


There we numerous UNT students there as well from the Department of Kinesiology, Heath Promotion and Recreation. I wish I would have known so I could have worn my green in sported my school also. This pilot had only a two-seater fixed wing, so he was giving flights to volunteers. Again, I have their names somewhere but not in this post, sorry.

It's been over a week since my last post. Rest assured, there are plenty of pictures to come. Been keeping very very busy, in fact that's why I haven't updated in a while. Not complaining though.


JUMP
to see more pictures from the challenge air event, visit my facebook album

-Jonny Carroll
Photographer

jdonut photography, LLC
Dallas Aerial Photography
We Make Virtual Tours
Denton Wedding Photography
UNT Photography

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome organization. It's cool that you got to be at part of that!