Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm getting Married!

As many of you know, I own an aerial photography business. I fooled Sarah into thinking I was shooting an Arlington, TX hotel lit up at night for a client and that I had to take the larger helicopter because it was 'after hours'. I told her there was an extra seat, so come on up.

photo by Justin Tennison

We flew in an R-44. We flew out of Addison airport. Our pilot was Geir Stensland, I've flown with him three times before, so I know and trust him. He's a great guy and he was so great to Sarah. I also hired a photographer, Justin, to hide and shoot us getting on the helicopter and taking off. Then he took pictures when we landed. He also did a great job.


We first circled around dallas, which was just beautiful. Then we headed toward the (fake) hotel site. Along the way we saw fireworks shooting off. (as planned, Saturday 5th of July). Then once in Arlington, we (the pilot and I) acted as if we kind-of stumbled upon her parents house. The house where she grew up.

She was looking down, waving at her parents who knew we "might be flying over if we have enough time", and then I said "look here". I was holding the ring and she freaked. Her initial responce was "your joking". hahaha, but in a split second it all kicked in. She started to cry but the wind from the helicopter wouldn't let her, it was the cutest thing ever. Oh and of course she said yes. :)



The flight back was so much fun, both our cheeks hurt from smiling so much. We're both so happy. We've been dating just shy of 2 and 1/2 years up to this point; and the wedding will be shortly after we both graduate in spring 09.


JUMP
Sarah made a great post on her blog. Click the link below to see it.
http://chalkonthesidewalk.blogspot.com/

More pictures from our engagment here.
Pictures from the engagement party.




-Jonny Carroll
Photographer and husband-to-be

jdonut photography, LLC
Dallas Aerial Photography

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'all are so cute! Congrats! I'm excited that I will have a sister in Sarah (kinda)!

saykay said...

yay! You did a good job of summarizing it. I love this. and I love you!

Oh, and Beth, I'm excited we are kind of going to be sisters, too! :)