Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Went up to Texarcana, TX with my mom for mother's day to take her mother out to brunch.


It's been a while since I've seen her. Last time was at my brother's wedding. She was so happy to see us. I've never seen an old lady so happy, and it just made me feel good inside. This is a lady who I've heard not wonderful things about. Who I used to judge become of her eating and smoking habits. All these judgements went away. All I could see in her eyes was pure joy.



Her health right now is in a fragile state. She's walking with a cain, she's lost a lot of weight. I mean, you have no idea how much. It was great to see her, but then you start thinking, you know, those thoughts. Is this the last time I'll see her? How many years does she have left her? It's sad to think about. I think through photography, ^ that's just who I am. I didn't have her pose for these don't worry, just candid.


Here's my mom. She's still beautiful.
Happy Mother's Day.

-Jonny Carroll
Photographer

jdonut photography, LLC
Denton Wedding Photography
We Make Virtual Tours
Denton Wedding Photography
UNT Photography
UNT Photo Club

No comments: